This vanilla crumble is the perfect addition to any flavor of macs! It is perfectly sweet and adds an amazing crunch to your macs.
Inspired and directly adapted From Milk Bar
- 1/2 cup sugar (100 g)
- 1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar (25 g)
- 3/4 cups cake flour (90 g)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder (2g)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt (2 g)
- 2 tbsp rainbow sprinkles (20 g)
- 1/4 cup grape seed oil (40 g)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract (12 g)
- Heat oven to 300F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle beater, whisk together the sugars, flour, baking powder, salt, and sprinkles.
- Add oil and vanilla. Mix until clumps form.
- Spread the mixtures on a parchment lined (or Silpat lined) sheet pan. Bake for 20 minutes, breaking them up occasionally. The crumbs should be golden brown and still slightly moist to the touch; they will dry and harden as they cool.
- Let the crumbs cool completely before using in a recipe or eating. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week. For storage up to one month, store in the refrigerator or the freezer.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
I want to hear from you: a comment or review!