Pecan Oat Crumble is that kind of baking trick that you want up your sleeve at this time of year. After you finish with getting all the kids ready for school with their long lists of supplies, multiple shopping trips to the store, outfitting them in new clothes and new shoes, you are ready to be done. Or if you aren’t in that part of life, perhaps Pecan Oat Crumble is that thing that will stop you from checking the weather app, trying to confirm that yes, the hot weather is leaving and cool weather is on its way. Pecan Oat Crumble is just the crumbly bit of delicious that you need in your kitchen right now. Just because.
It’s perfect for a crumble for a mac, or the filling in a cookie, or sprinkled on top of that cookie, or perfect for a handful of delicious crunch anytime. It says, Settle down. The calendar’s turned, the children (finally) are in their places, and you can now enjoy the flavors of fall.
How to “Mac’ this:
- Snag our shell Recipe and make a batch in your Fall favorite color.
- Grab our American buttercream recipe found HERE. and add one (or many, just split the batch into several bowls) of these delicious flavors to it.
- Once you’ve mixed the buttercream flavor, pipe a “O” around the outside of the Shell.
- Fill the middle with this delicious crumble.
- Store in airtight container. Enjoy!
Cinnamon Pecan Oat Crumble
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 85 grams old fashioned oats (approx. 3/4 cup + 1 tbsp.)
- 60 grams brown sugar (approx. 1/4 cup)
- 40 grams all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter room temp
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degree Farenheit.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Place a bowl on a food scale, and measure all ingredients into bowl. Add in the spices by using measuring spoons. Add in the chopped nuts.
- In bowl of mixer, and using the flat paddle attachment, add ingredients from bowl: oats, brown sugar, flour, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, cinnamon, pecans and salt. Mix just until combined. Mixture should be crumbly.
- Spread the crumble out on prepared pan. Scatter around pan so crumble bakes evenly. Bake for 8-10 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- Let cool completely. Store in airtight container in fridge for up to two weeks, one month in the freezer.