Its not everyday that two of my favorite things collide. Well, today is not like any other day. Sugar cookies AND crumbles, are you kidding me? This almost sounds too good to be true. If I myself hadn’t actually made it I would of never thought it could done. The best part? You can interchange any one of our crumbles to fit the taste, them and season, genius really.
When I took my first bite into this perfectly sweet and soft sugar cookie and tasted bits of crunchy pumpkin spice (and mind you, all of the crumbles would be perfectly amazing)my taste buds went crazy! Pumpkin Spice Latte (PSL) + Sugar cookies really is the whole reason I love September, October and November.
Other ways to modify this recipe:
- Use a pinch of nutmeg in the frosting instead of dulce de leche.
- Add 1 tsp. of pumpkin spice to the actual cookie dough.
- If you add 1 Tbsp French Vanilla Latte powder you would legit have a PSL on your hands, but just in a cookie. Which could be delicious.
What I would do if you want to turn this cookie into a macaron?
- First, when making our American Buttercream, add 1-2 Tbsp French Vanilla Latte powder.
- Next, add 1/2 tsp of pumpkin spice or pumpkin spice coffee creamer to the American Buttercream, but be careful not to make it too runny.
- Pipe the PSL American butter cream around the outside of the bottom shell.
- Fill the middle well with the pumpkin spice crumble.
- Voilà! A delicious macaron.
Sugar cookie Pumpkin Spice Macaron
Pumpkin Spice Cookie Dough
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla Extract
- 1/4-1/2 cup milk (2 %)
- 1 1/2 cup Gluten Free Flour
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- Pumpkin Spice Cookie Dough
1. bake flour at 260 for 20 minutes. I used a gluten free flour to keep the cookies gluten free. set aside and let cool completely.
- 2. Mix butter and sugar until combined.
- 3. Add Vanilla Extract and milk. You want the mixture to be loose. Not runny, but smooth enough that you can pipe.
I want to hear from you: a comment or review!